Monday, February 2, 2015

#BEastStatus

Hello, my dearest family and friends!

It has been a wild week! Snow update (let's just get this over with): There is currently about 2.5 feet of snow on the ground and we are currently in the middle of our second major snow storm. Juno came with a blast, and we had to stay near our home all day. There was a lot of time to study, play games, and shovel snow. We even gave away 2 Book of Mormons and extended a baptismal date! Linus is currently roaring away right now... Nobody in the mission is allowed to drive, but nobody said you can't walk, eh? :) 

Funny story: on Tuesday night we were all going a little stir crazy after being inside for so long, so, naturally, we started playing our favorite game: "What Are the Odds?" I lost and I had to call 5 random contacts on the Portuguese Sister's phone. Preface: I HATE talking on the phone. I felt like puking. So I called a random Cape Verdian guy on their phone... Then we went outside and I did a snow angle, the phone fell out of my pocket and into the deep snow bank, and BAM. The phone got soaked and ruined their battery... Hahaha. All part of the evil plan to get out of calling 4 random people. Jk, it really wasn't funny because the Portuguese Sisters didn't have a phone for a few days... But let's be honest, it was a miracle :) 

This past week we extended 47 baptismal dates as a zone! Now that is what we call #BEastStatus. There were many new investigators found, and many people willing to change their lives. So awesome. And yesterday we had a baptism! Nickenson Chery was baptized and he is great! He was an investigator from the Haitianaries, but he is coming to the English ward, so we get to claim him as our own :) 

With all the snow and craziness, a lot of plans cancelled and the buses are always late, but the work goes on! I am staying safe and (mostly) warm and dry! I love the beauty and purity of all the fresh snow. It reminds me everyday how I need to become. 

I love this gospel and the chance we have to share it with everyone! There are so many great people in this area trying to find themselves and God in the process. I am loving my mission and this wonderful city. Boston is SO beautiful. Whoa. 

Have a great week amigos!

Con Amor,


Hermana Frei

No comments:

Post a Comment