Monday, February 23, 2015

Exchanges, Mini Missionaries, and T-texts. Oh My!

Hey, so this week was great! 

Sister Batschi and I fulfilled our duties as Sister Training Leaders and went on exchanges with the Portuguese and Spanish Sisters! It was super fun :) Exchanges are always a blast! Took lots of pictahs and ate yummy food and preached the gospel. Oh. Yeah. But like all good things, they come to an end. We received T-texts (transfer texts) on Friday and Sister Batschi is leaving me and I'm being released! Woooooot! It's exciting and bittersweet. Leadership is always fun, but I'm excited to be able to focus 100% on the Boston 1st Ward with Sister Thompson (la nueva). Also, we had 2 mini missionaries with us in our apartment this week! The Por Sisters had one Mon-Fri and we had one Fri-Sun. It was so much fun to have them along and teach 'em the ropes of missionary work in the freezing cold. Haha. Good times. 

Our most exciting and progressing new investigator is Harry! He is a student at Northeastern University studying computer science and he is Chinese! Like Chinese, Chinese. Not like Ashley Frei Chinese (hahaha love ya, Ash). He is AWESOME. He was a media referral that the Elders contacted and Sister Batschi and I met him at church yesterday. Super smart, adorable, and super excited to share the gospel with his friends. We are so stoked. 

Anyways, one thing that I have learned this week is that God answers prayers, and even more: that he knows our thoughts and the desires of our hearts. It was such an amazing opportunity to be an STL, and I was so happy to fulfill my calling to the best of my abilities. But He knows what I need at this moment and what this area needs. I'm so excited to focus on all of the new investigators we have found lately. They need the gospel of Jesus Christ in their lives and they need my focus. It takes a lot of hard work to teach someone the patterns of Christian discipleship. Holy cow. Good thing I'm not doing this alone. Ya feel me? 

I love this gospel. And I know that God knows me. I am so grateful to have served with Sister Batschi, and I am so stoked to serve with Sister Thompson. It's gonna be good :) I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that it brings so much peace and light into our lives if we just open it up and read it. It's as plain and simple as that. And my soul delights in that plainness. So much. Such delight. Many plain. 

I love you all! Have a wonderful week! I know I'm gonna have a good one :)\

Con Amor,


Hermana Frei

No comments:

Post a Comment