Monday, December 21, 2015

Greenie Christmas

Hey guys! 

So I have a greenie and it hasn't snowed yet, so it'll be a green Christmas after all! New England isn't coming in clutch for the whole white factor... but hey, it's cool. 

So, how is everything going? It's going smashingly! My new companion is AWESOME! Her name is Hermana Hafen from St George, UT! Our district was pretty proud last transfer to have nobody from Utah, but alas. Here we are again :) Actually, fun fact, Hermana Barney and Hermana Hafen attended high school together and were on the same track team! It's a small world after all... Like what are the odds? Both times I train they come from the same place! Looks like I'm gonna have to take some road trips down to Saint Geezy. But anyways, more about Hna Hafen, her spanish is reeeally good and she got a TON of packages for Christmas! HAhaha, like no joke, when I picked her up from the mission home there were 10 packages waiting for her. So she is well taken care of this Christmas! We are working hard together and trying, for the life of us, to find some new investigators. Because, sweet mercy, all of our investigators are suuuuuuuuuuuper flojo. But it's cool! We just need to faith harder, and I need to train Hna Hafen to be a spanish missionary before I take flight. She's already a great missionary, just a little emphasis on the spanish part :)

Other than that, we have had a blast! We are almost our of miles and we still have 10 days left in the month so we have been walking and getting rides from members a lot. We just have the best members ever! We announced yesterday in church that we would be walking and we needed their help and everyone offered to help us! So AWESOME! Also, I love walking because I feel more at one with the area and the people. Also, I am a lot more grateful for our car. We only walk during daylight hours, so at night we really enjoy our nice warm car. 

We had a cool experience on Friday! We had 2 appointments in a row cancel on us and we didn't have time to do the training program or language study that morning so we went to the local library to fit those things in. Hna Hafen prayed that we would be able to find somebody while we were there. So we got into the library and we sat down at a study table and we started reading out of PMG about finding people to teach. After about 20 minutes a guy comes up to us and says, "Are you guys the Mormons?" And I was all, "You betcha!" 

and I kid you not, the man was crazy.

Midway through the conversation with him I just remember thinking, "Hna Hafen, you did this to us! You prayed him here... hahaha" So we were able to slide out of that sticky situation after we gave him a Book of Mormon and Bible, and we began exiting the library. Since we had just read about finding through our own efforts I struck up a conversation with the library security guard. And she was awesome! I believe that she was the one we prayed for. Sadly she lived out of our area, but we sent her info to the sisters serving over there. But man, it was so cool to see our simple prayer be answered. 

This morning I just finished the Book of Mormon again and I was able to write my testimony in the back. I love that book and I know that it is true! It testifies hard core of our Savior Jesus Christ and I know that He is the reason for the season. He is God's gift to us. What are we going to give to Him this Christmas season and new year? 

I love you all and I hope you have a blessed and wonderful Christmas! I am so happy that I get to spend this time of year testifying of Christ and sharing the gift of His life with everyone who will listen to me. There is no place that I would rather be. 

FELIZ NAVIDAD!

Con amor,


Hermana Frei

No comments:

Post a Comment