Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Happy Leche Day!

hahahahah, get it? Anyone? 

You're right, I'm not that funny. Yesterday I had to describe to my good Guatemalan friend Joselyn about MLK Jr Day and it was a little hard to describe in Spanish... But he was a good dude who helped a lot of people!

Anyways, this week has been awesome and wicked cold. And then warm, and then cold again! Sorry for writing a day late, but the internet in the chapel was down the same day that all the libraries were all closed for a holiday. haha. Good times. But adventure is out there! Sunday night our member drove us in a snowstorm to go teach Maria in preparation for her baptism this Saturday. It was awesome and a tad bit sketchy! (The drive, not the lesson...) But hey, all's well that ends well :) And it definitely did. Maria is all set and good to go. Please keep her in you prayers! 

MARRIAGE is in the air my friends! and no, this isn't a trunky announcement... Maria got married on Tuesday and Alfredo got married on Saturday! Three cheers for investigators repenting and keeping the law of chastity! Both ceremonies were beautiful and simple and both couples will be working towards temple sealings in the future. I love that. #eternallife 

It was a busy and beautiful week full of happiness, new investigators, lessons, and food. I love life and where I am at right now. It's crazy to think that in 10 days this will all change, but come what may and love it! I know the gospel is true and that Christ is the way, the truth, and the life. I am grateful for the guidance of the living prophets and apostles. I know that as we follow their counsel we will be led through the craziness and uncertainty of mortality. 

Favorite quote of the week: 

"God didn’t design us to be sad. He created us to have joy!" -President Uchtdorf

I love you all and I will talk to you next week! 

Con amor,


Hermana Frei

No comments:

Post a Comment